Thursday, August 13, 2009

Do you know enough people already?

I was involved in a conversation about a networking group with a couple of accountancy professionals recently. One said "I used to go, but stopped as there were not enough new people each time". The other said "I find it better when it's the same people because as I get to know them more they introduce me to all the people I need". Two completely opposite opinions from people in similar businesses about the same group!

I think it's a balance and will depend on how long you have been building your network and the type of business you run. If you have an extensive network most of your networking time will be spent with them. If you are just starting out you will need to meet more new people as you build your network.

It is always worth asking yourself once in a while. How well do I really know the people I meet regularly?

Good Networking!
Dave Clarke
Get 7 networking secrets for business success

business networking | business networking events | business networking podcast
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · ssselena , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by