Friday, June 20, 2008

The power of unsolicited endorsements

I attended another organisation's networking lunch in London earlier this week. I had been invited by another NRG member & there were 2 NRG members on the round table. At the start of the lunch we took it in turns to introduce ourselves.

As I began one of the NRG members, the owner of an IT support business, interrupted me. He said, "Do you mind if I share something? We have just completed an analysis of our new business pipeline and over 80% is due to introductions and referrals through the NRG network"

The other member, a partner in a professional firm, added "We have just signed a new client as a result of the recommendation of another NRG member"

I had nothing to add to this great demonstration of the power of advocacy. My message had been shared much more powerfully than anything I could have said.

Good Networking!
Dave Clarke
Get 7 networking secrets for business success

business networking | business networking events | virtual board

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · ssselena , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by